Cheese Dog Bread Rolls can be as much pleasure to make and taste as they are to experience. They are a great way to use up leftover sliced bread. They are crunchy and deliciously stuffed with melty cheese and meaty hot dogs. We love bread, so I make sure to have some on hand for our favorite spreads like Beef Caldereta or Chicken Salad. However, sometimes my eyes can be bigger than our stomachs, and I buy more bread than we can eat.
You can make bread loaves into delicious snacks and desserts with a little creativity. For example, cheese Rolls can be made into Hawaiian bread pudding or sliced white bread to make these cheese dog bread rolls. These stuffed bread rolls make a great after-school snack or appetizer for adults. They’re crunchy and golden and packed with meaty hotdogs and melty cheese inside. They are fun and delicious snacks that you can make with just a few ingredients. In addition, they can be frozen for any cravings.
Cooking tips For Cheese Dog Bread Rolls
- The cut-off crusts can be used as a binder for hamburger steaks.
- The sweet and tangy banana catsup compliments the creaminess and saltiness of the bread rolls.
- The catsup can be spread on the bread thinly (not too thick, or the bread will become soggy).
- Or you can serve the fried bread rolls with banana catsup as a dip.
- You can cut the cheese and hot dogs into thin strips so that you can wrap the bread around them.
- Preparing bread rolls is a good idea. This helps the cheese firm up and not leak out during frying.
- Keep the oil at 350 F to 325 F for the best texture.
- Too hot will cause the bread to be brown before it is fully heated. Too low, and the bread rolls will absorb more oil.
- Do not squeeze the vessel with too many pieces. Instead, fry as few batches as necessary to prevent temperature plummeting.
- The steam from the steam could make the fried rolls soggy if they are not drained on a wire rack.
- Are you not a fan of hot dogs? You can also try my sliced Ham version!.
- White bread 12 slices
- Three hot dogs sliced into four strips
- Canola oil
- 4 measures sharp melt cheese, slice into Twenty Four light strips
- 1/4 container milk
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Each bread should be trimmed along its edges and rolled out with a rolling pin until it is very thin.
- To enclose the filling, place a hotdog and two cheese slices along the bread’s edge.
- Roll the bread into a log.
- To seal the seams, press lightly (or secure with toothpicks) and then remove when you are ready to dredge in breadcrumbs. Continue with the remaining bread slices.
- Combine eggs, milk and beat together in a bowl.
- Arrange Panko bread crumbs in a silly meal.
- Dip the bread roll into the egg mixture, then roll it in bread crumbs.
- Make sure to coat all sides with crumbs. Continue with the remaining rolls.
- Place breaded rolls in one layer on a baking tray and freeze for 3 to 5.
- Heat oil to about 2 inches in a large, thick-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Seam-side down, place prepared bread rolls and fry until golden and crispy.
- Remove on a wire rack arranged over a baking tray.
- Hot with catsup for dipping.
How to serve Cheese Dog Bread Rolls
- These Cheese Dog Bread Rolls and cheese are great as an appetizer or snack with a dipping sauce like ketchup, mustard or sweet & sour sauce.
- They are best when fresh and warm, so I prescribe storing them unfried.
- Please place them in a single layer on parchment paper.
- Coat with molded wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Once frozen, place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Cover with film and freeze for 3 months.
- They won’t stick together if frozen this way.
- To ensure that they don’t burn, fry them frozen.